Thursday, December 4, 2008

LOOK



These photos were taken of the dawning sky. If I attempted to describe its colors in words, I’d have to be a brilliant poet. If I were brave enough to put paint to canvas, I couldn’t come close to conveying how the pinks, lavenders and oranges merged and enhanced one another. My Canon SureShot is all that I have to bear witness to my view of the sky on this particular morning.

Have you ever been stopped in your tracks by the magnificence of a view? Sheer beauty, in nature, in a person, or in an artwork strikes chords in us of awe and wonder. In viewing something beautiful, we are inspired and delighted in ways that seem non-verbal and beyond our (at least my) limited communication skills. Even those of us who use art as tools or exploration and sharing can be overwhelmed by beauty which is both complex and at the same time so simple that we can’t understand why everyone in the universe isn’t struck by a vision or experience that we find beautiful.

1 comment:

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

This is a great post, Rach. Your words here say it all. We must stop and look at nature and all its beauty to truly appreciate the bigger picture here. I am often struck by the beauty of a sunrise or the gentle hand of a friend that simply says life is precious and the time we spend fretting over silly things means nothing compared to the beauty that life and nature have to offer.

Cheers!!